Sunday, May 3, 2009

5/4/09 -- I know you're out there...

I know there are may people out there that are having difficulty with thier own weight loss. I also know that all you need is to see a person like me, that was once 150 lbs (18 --21 years old), gained over 163 pounds from 21-42 and is finally losing the weight he gained over the last 21 years with the help of Weight Watchers, no drugs, no special food plans, no pre-packaged food. From my high of 313.0 lbs I'm down, 57 lbs. Since I was Officially 291.6 lbs at my first WW weigh in, I'm down 35.6 lbs. since 12/30/08. It's not been easy, I had 2 "+" weeks in the last 17 weeks (+1.8, & +1.6), but I've been positive. There are 3 major changes I made in my life, not Earth Shattering, but key to the weight loss.

1. NO FAST FOOD: McD's, BK, Wendy's ect...
Now not to say there are not good choices at these places, I know for a fact that McD's McNuggets are 1 pt each. A Chick-Fil-A Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich is 5 pts. I just have problems picking the "Best foods" so I just Stay away.

2. Cook Meals @ home (Sorta goes w/ #1): I can make a "Healthy" Whopper or breakfast sandwich from home & save tons of points.
Burger King® Whopper® (w/o Mayo) 11 Pts.
Jennie-O Turkey Burger, w/ Lettuce Tomato, Onion, w/ Arnold Multi-Grain Sandwich Thin is 5 pts. (less than 1/2 the points)

3. Tracking, even if I go over my points for the day, I always know what I eat & how many points I have.

More tomorrow,

TCP


No comments:

Post a Comment