Saturday, January 3, 2009

Thrown a Curve Ball, Didn't hit a Home Run but got through it...

Sometimes I think that I'm being tested every day of the week. Today was no exception,

I didn't have popcorn @ the Movie, BTW, unless you like History I wouldn't suggest seeing Valkery, so when it was suggested that I check out a new Burger place called Jake's I figured It would be OK. Well not so much.

There burgers come in 3 sizes the Jr (which I didn't see until after I ordered) 3.3 Oz
The Jakes Burger 6.6 Oz & the Super Jake 9.9 Oz.

I went with the 6.6 oz on a bun w/ Lettuce, Tomato, Pickle & Raw Onion.
NO French Fries & a 20 oz Diet Pepsi.

The Guide I have only had Ground beef that was 85/15 so I went with that and figured out the meal was 13 Points which still left me with 21 for dinner, I was happy with that.

I came home & looked up 80/20 ground beef & saw it is 2 Points/oz which makes just the MEAT over 13 Points.

Adding the Bun & Ketchup puts me at 16 for a burger. 24 for the day with 18 reamining.

The worst part is I'm still hungry. The Food was good, I have no complaints there, freshly cooked, but what a waist of 16 points.

I have some 4 Point Frozen meals, I might have one before dinner to get me through, I'm not sure yet.

I thik that I really need to read the Menu throughly before making a choic next time. If I had I coulf have shaved 6 points off the meal by ordering a Jr.

Not a set back, just a precaution, when you eat out, read first.

I'm running downstairs to have 2 glasses of Crystal Lite Sunrise Orange.

More Later

2 comments: